[Stay on top of transportation news: Get TTNews in your inbox.]
Transport Topics Radio has expanded its rebroadcast programming on SiriusXM Radio, Channel 146.
Each week, host Dan Ronan, TT’s associate news editor/print and multimedia, brings listeners up-to-date news from government, business, logistics and other sectors of the industry.
The program initially airs live on Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. ET.
The program is also rebroadcast three times each weekend. In addition to the first airing, you can hear TT Radio at the following times:
• Saturday nights from 11 p.m. ET until Sundays at 1 a.m. ET
• Sunday afternoons from noon-2 p.m. ET
• Sunday nights from 9-11 p.m. ET
SiriusXM is available live and on demand at siriusxm.com with a paid subscription.
On our May 21 show, Ronan will be joined by:
- From our recent visit to Scottsdale, Ariz., and ATA’s Mid-Year Management Session, we speak with Iowa Motor Truck Association President Brenda Neville on the association’s recent accomplishments before the Iowa Legislature.
- As part of our recent TT Newsmakers series, both Dan Ronan and TT Senior Reporter Eugene Mulero spoke with Labor Secretary Marty Walsh on the work the Biden administration is doing to encourage more people to enter the trucking industry.
- From our recent visit to Charlotte, N.C., we spoke with Dave Schaller, industry engagement director for the North American Council for Freight Efficiency, on the transition to electric vehicles.
- Also from our Charlotte visit, we spoke with Patrick Gaskins, Corcentric’s senior vice president for fleet solutions, about the rising prices for both used and new trucks, as well as the current status of the supply chain.
On our May 14 show, Ronan was joined by:
On our May 7 show, Ronan was joined by:
- TT Business Reporter Connor Wolf on the recent earnings season and why so many trucking companies reported strong financials during the first quarter of 2022.
- Wreaths Across America Transportation Director Don Queeney on the midyear effort to recruit more volunteers for the big December event at the nation’s cemeteries that honors military veterans.
- Rhode Island Trucking Association President Chris Maxwell on the upcoming federal trial on the association’s lawsuit against the state concerning trucks-only tolling.
- Arizona State University business professor Dale Rogers on the monthly Logistics Managers’ Index, which charts the overall economic health of the logistics/transportation industry. In March, the LMI reached an all-time high.
On our April 30 show, Ronan was joined by:
- TT Features Editor Michael Freeze to discuss the new edition of Calibrate, which will be available to readers May 2 with the regular edition of Transport Topics. We talk about the ongoing issues in maintenance and the reporting done by the Features team to produce Calibrate.
- Stefan Heck, CEO of the artificial intelligence/transportation company Nauto, outlining ways technology and artificial intelligence can reduce traffic deaths and injuries.
- TT Government Reporter Noël Fletcher, who discusses the economic impact of the weeklong shutdown of the Texas/Mexico border on the transportation industry.
- Former Utah Congressman Jim Matheson, president/CEO of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, to review what steps will be needed to improve the nation’s electric grid, especially in rural areas as more transportation becomes electric.